Wednesday, January 1, 2014

That Blue House (Part Two) - The "True" Best Friend?

In the previous post I went into detail about the house and now I must tell you who lived in the house. That Big Blue house once belonged to one of my best friends. Best friends since Fourth grade, we were. Okay, that's kind of over exaggerated. You see, we were best friends all through fourth grade, while he "dated" one of my best friends. Then he moved away at the end of the year and came back, I want to say ummm sixth grade? However, when you are a kid it seems a lot longer than that. A year can seem like five years. A friendship that lasted a year literally feels like a century, and you really think you know that person.

Well when he came back, we all expected him to get back with the best friend that he was with. Just as any group of girlfriends would, we gossiped about how he came back just for her. You can imagine my surprise when he hit on the wrong best friend and then, turned down by her, hit on me. With my snobby mouth I told him that he was G's boy friend he could not be hitting on me. As if to think I'd ever be with him any way... Sad to say later that year (remember it felt like years had passed) that childhood romance on the scooter boards when he was swinging me around in circles, and then asked me to be his girlfriend and sadly I said... Yes.

Do I remember if my friend was mad? No. Do I remember anything much in between then and the break up? As seeing how we lasted A DAY there really wasn't much to remember. All I remember is we were on recess or at P.E, or something like that. I know we were playing outside and on the swing set he started singing "I'm in Love with a Stripper" to me... for a LOVE SONG... I had enough self respect (probably pride actually) but I quickly broke up with him no hesitation. Little did I know that crush would lead...somewhere else.

Come eighth grade we barely talked. Why I still called him my best friend I don't know? I was now in a relationship with a Guy i'll call J. J and I were waiting after school for my step dad to arrive to take us to church. Sadly, we got into an argument. So my stubborn self walked across the street to my "best friends" house. Half of me wanted to get away from the fight, or at least that’s what I say… I really just wanted to upset him especially since it was a guy friend I was going to. My intentions when I went in that house was to talk to my friend about what was wrong….Honestly, my true intentions were just to make J mad, I honestly believed my "best friend" and I would just sit around doing nothing while J sat down wondering what he did wrong and what I was saying about him, etc.

When I knocked on that door, Something…something told me "no don’t go in" and honestly the entire time I was waiting to get to a place we could talk the whole thing is a phase, all I can remember is with every knock on the door, each step I took, each step up the stairs, each step closer to his room there was something telling me I shouldn’t be there… but I ignored it. 

When we got upstairs he acted like he was showing me around the house. I remember this attic looking place.. I remember the bathroom, and I remember his room.. I also remember every dirty joke he made that gave me that same feeling of needing to leave. If you asked me why I stayed I have no idea… well when he came in to the room I pretended with my giddy self that nothing was wrong that I had no feeling, each time he said something that sounded seductive or a little bit scary I ignored and changed the subject, I laughed it off… I remember playing with his ipod, I remember reminiscing about a few memories we had but I wasn’t the only one who kept changing the subject… every time I wanted to talk about something normal or friendly he’d say something perverted… Now I was used to this my friends always did this… that’s what I told myself…he’s just being his self…

No comments:

Post a Comment